It’s a full day one-way cruise by catamaran between Puno and La Paz.
This tour departs at 6:30 am. Peruvian time from Puno and arrives at 19:30 h. to La Paz.
Vice versa it departs at 6:00 am. from La Paz and arrives at 17:30 h. to Puno Peruvian time.
It is the most important religious sanctuary of Bolivia. Thousands of pilgrims visit the Virgin of Copacabana every year, also known as the colored Virgin or the Virgin of the Lake. The sanctuary is in a magnificent bay between two hills. The main square is generally full of vehicles covered with flowers and colorful bands, made out of paper that have been taken there to be blessed by the Virgin as a symbol of good luck and prosperity.
ABOUT SUN ISLAND
It is an enigmatic place of the Titicaca Lake. The ancient legends say that sun island is the place where the sun and other gods of pre- columbian civilizations were born. Therefore, for the Inkas, the island was considered a source of positive energy. The legend of the origin of the Inka Civilization tells that the founders of the Inka Empire: Manco Kapac and Mama Ocllo emerged from the waters of the lake to this island. This couple established the Empire of the Sun: The Inka Empire.
ROUTE AND ITINERARY
- Bus ride between Puno and Copacabana. Duration 3h.
- Visit of Copacabana, Cathedral and Main Square. Duration 30 min.
- Catamaran boat ride between Copacabana and Sun Island, with snack on board. Duration 1h.
- Sun Island visit (south side), Inca Garden, Inca Stairs, Inca Water Spring, Sun Island Inti Wata Complex® (Exclusive), and activities Kallawaya Ancient Ceremony (Exclusive) and activities Kallawaya Ancient Ceremony (Exclusive).￼ Duration 1h. 30 min.
- Ancient sailing demonstration (Exclusive) and panoramic visit to Pilkokaina Inca Palace. Duration 30 min.
- Catamaran boat ride to Chua and Buffet lunch on board. Duration 3h.
- Bus ride from Chua to La Paz. Duration 1h. 30 min.
- Same itinerary and stops as described above but on the other way
INCLUDED / EXCLUDED