This is a great option for those who want to maximize their time in a full day visit of Taquile! The speedboat takes only 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach Taquile. You will enjoy of an interesting visit of Taquile island and go back to Puno earlier than the regular boats.
ROUTE AND ITINERARY
Duration Full Day
- 07:00: Pick-up from your hotel in downtown Puno.
- 07:30: Time to embark on the boat to go to Taquile.
- 08:00: We stop by the Uros islands. It is believed that the Uros were one of the first ethnic groups populating the Andean region. Only in the early 60, the Uros started to build artificial islands with reeds for their homes.
- 11:00: Upon the arrival on the island, the group will follow a path for about 1 hour. On the way to the village you will enjoy of a cultural demonstration run by the native people of Taquile.
- 12:00: Lunch in local restaurant. Quinoa soup, fresh fish caught in the lake and vegetables are a typical lunchtime meal in Taquile.
- 13:00: After lunch the group starts the walk back to the main dock in Taquile.
- 14:00 – 14:30: The boat departs in direction Puno.
- 15:30 – 16:00: The group arrives in Puno dock and you will be transferred to your hotel in the city.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN SHARED BASIS BOAT OR GROUP TOUR?
A shared basis tour is a group tour where different local tour operators sign up their clients and the large cost of transportation or tour guide is shared by many people so the tour price is lower.
WHAT ESSENTIALS SHOULD I BRING?
It is recommended to bring your sunglasses, sunscreen with high SPF,
moisturizing cream, bathing suit (just in case water is cold in the lake!), a hat, warm and comfortable clothes for night and dawn hours, cotton T-shirts during daytime, hand sanitizer and camera.
ANY DOUBTS OR MORE INFORMATION?
CHECK OUT THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (F.A.Q.)
INCLUDED / EXCLUDED